5 Week Beginner Throwing Workshop Wednesdays
thur6-8-5wRegular price $350.00
Have you always wanted to learn the pottery wheel and didn't know where to start? Well this course is perfect for you!
Within this 5 week workshop, you will learn how to throw and trim (don't worry we will explain everything!) your first wheel thrown vessels. The workshop starts with a focus on the basic techniques of using the pottery wheel and then we transition into making different forms and manipulating the clay to create whats desired.
The final class of the workshop is glazing with the Clay Commune Studio Glazes, so you can finish your pieces and also be introduced to the wonderful art of glazing.
The course price includes all clay, materials, glaze and firing costs ( Students can expect to make a cups, bowls, plates, small vases, and walk away with lots of treasures to cherish at home.
The run down for the workshops and whats covered are:
- Preparing for working the clay - Set up and Clay Prep
- The making of your vessels / work
- Trimming / Turning your work
- Finishing your piece ready for drying - this can be adding additions to your work or sgraffito ( carving ) or simply fettling the work ( we'll explain fettling! )
- Glazing your hand made goodies.
The Workshop Details
Price - $350.00 Includes all clay, materials, firing and glazing. (Glazes are exclusive to courses ) Class time - Wednesday Evenings 6pm - 8pm Duration - 5 Consecutive weeks.
- 2nd June
- 9th June
- 16th June
- 23rd June
- 30th June
If you are booking into this workshop you are fully committing to be able to attend for the duration of the workshop. We are unable to offer make up classes in any of our workshops. If you are unable to attend a class for any reason, this is not the responsibility of the studio. These workshops books out very fast. When the workshop is full it is full and we are unable to take further bookings for the same workshop. Booking into this course is first in best dressed to keep it fair. We announce all upcoming workshops well in advance on all of our social media platforms as well as our website. Please ensure you are online at the release time to secure your spot.
_______________________________________________________________________________________Conditions & Requirements
- Please ensure that you check over the times and the dates carefully. These are the times for the workshop allocated and there will be no make up classes or times offered - we do not offer partial or full refunds for any reason.
- Please be prepared for your workshop each and every week by wearing suitable clothes and footwear. Please bring a towel and there is no question that the clothes that you wear on the day will get messy!
- Please remove any hand jewellery and ensure that your finger nails are well trimmed ( clay and long nails dont go together sorry )
- The workshops times are set at 6-8pm. If you are running late you will unfortunalty forfeit that portion of your class time.
- The last 10 minutes of each class is to be spent finalising your items and cleaning the wheels and tools etc. The wheels must be left in the same sate as we find them every time.
- Please be ready to have fun. Pottery is the best craft in the world , hey we aren't saying thats it not challenging but learning is half the fun.
- The studio is fully fitted out with heating and cooling and tea & coffee are provided at no charge.
- Take the plunge - turn up - have a blast and bring some mates - It will be the best thing you do in your week - Guaranteed!